App Ninja • Feb, 2017 — Nov 2019
Working with top ISVs and the Windows developer community, the App Ninjas solve the unsolvable.
In this role I focused on supporting the dev teams of Microsoft's top partners to enable innovative and magical solutions on the Windows platform. I also worked closely with the open source dev community to understand common asks/issues and then ship solutions in the Windows Community Toolkit for iteration and long term support.
Check me out on GitHub | shweaver-MSFT
Senior Software Engineer • Jan, 2016 — Feb, 2017
- Developed client application software for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
- Conducted daily standup meetings and worked closely with Project Manager to groom and plan upcoming sprints.
- Conducted daily code reviews to enforce code quality standards.
- Served as company SME of Windows/Xbox UWA development.
- Hosted regular monthly meetings to evangelize and educate peers on the Universal Windows Platform and other Microsoft technologies.
- Traveled to customer sites for in-person release build handoffs and support.
- Worked with QA department to automate and document processes to enable more rapid and efficient testing practices.
Xbox Live Development Support Engineer • Jul, 2014 — Feb, 2016
- Provided developer support to 1st and 3rd party partners (Disney, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) developing media applications for the Xbox One and 360 consoles.
- Provided developer support to 1st and 3rd party partners (EA, Ubisoft, Motiga, etc.) developing games for the Xbox One and 360 consoles.
- Developed sample applications depicting proper coding implementation of commonly used features.
- Wrote and maintained technical whitepapers describing Xbox One technical guidelines and standards.
- Hosted monthly HackFest events at Microsoft and worked with partners in person on their Xbox applications, providing hands-on technical guidance and coding support.
- Developed supplemental APIs for complex features on the Xbox, encapsulating best practices and allowing for modular implementation.
Development Operations Engineer • Oct, 2013 — July, 2014
- Lead a team of 4 to manage application and development operations for the Washington State Medicaid Billing System (ProviderOne).
- Ensured compliance with HIPAA regulations for data retention, archival, and disposal.
- Involved in weekly customer meetings to gather requirements and discuss change management and release.
- Wrote and maintained Python web application to automate daily tasks into a common format and shared location.
- Wrote and maintained Java based scheduled task program. Automated regular emails, database maintenance tasks, and external application monitoring and alerting.
- Lead developer and maintainer on the WA State custom version of eCAMS HealthBeat; a Java based, automated framework to extract, analyze and report data from diverse business processes into a centralized enterprise service view of MMIS systems.
Washington State Air National Guard
Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4) • Oct, 2013 — Feb, 2016
- Developed and delivered training modules to Junior Programmers.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and consultant for automation and reverse engineering related mission decisions.
- Set up internal documentation web app to house training documentation.
United States Air Force
Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4) • Sep, 2009 — Oct, 2013
- Lead developer for a Java, web-based registrar & student management system supporting over 100 military schools world-wide.
- Wrote, tested, documented, and delivered code in a waterfall development environment.
- Acted as primary customer liaison to gather and develop requirements.
- Supervised and trained 2 Junior Programmers.
- Reviewed and tested all code to be released and assisted other teams with bug fixes and features as needed.
- Performed after-hours and weekend deployments.
Lead Developer & Release Master • Nov, 2019 — Present
The Microsoft Graph Toolkit is a collection of reusable, framework-agnostic web components and helpers for accessing and working with Microsoft Graph. The components are fully functional right of out of the box, with built in providers that authenticate with and fetch data from Microsoft Graph.
Lead Developer & Scrum Master • Aug, 2016 — Nov, 2016
The Rooster Teeth FIRST app is available on Xbox One! Now FIRST members can watch all content from Rooster Teeth, Achievement Hunter, Funhaus, The Know, ScrewAttack, Game Attack, Cow Chop, and The Creatures – including live broadcasts – on a big ol’ TV, without any hassle.
- SXSW Innovation Award nominee - Visual Media Experience category
- Appy Award Finalist - Entertainment | Movies/Television/Video category
- Stevie Award Gold winner - Media & Entertainment - Product category
Lead Developer & Scrum Master • Nov, 2016 — Feb, 2017
Sling TV is everything you love about live TV minus everything you hate. Stream top live & on-demand entertainment — anytime, anywhere.